The MREPC Industry Linkage Fund will provided in the form of research grants. Full grant will be awarded to projects that offer industry-wide solutions and matching grant is targeted for more specific projects that will benefit individual companies, especially the small and medium enterprises.
The quantum of fund approved will be assessed based on the project proposal and is up to the maximum of RM300,000 for each project. The duration of each project shall not be more than 3 years from the commencement date. The funding can be utilised for the following categories of research expenditure.
- Research Materials and Supplies
- Minor Modifications and Repairs
- Prototype Development
- Special Services (e.g. sample testing and analysis)
- Wages and Allowance
- Travel and Transportation
- Full Grant
- The allocations for wages and allowance, travel and transportation, and rentals shall not be more than 50%
of total project cost.
- Matching Grant
- No limit set on the allocations for wages and allowance, travel and transportation, and rentals, and it shall be according to research proposals submitted by the companies/researchers.
All research projects are required to have an industry collaborator to be eligible for the funding. The project leader is required to name an industry partner and specify the role of the industry partner in the proposal. A proposal without an industry partner is still acceptable. MREPC will assist in identifying potential industry partner during the proposal evaluation stage.