|Home > About MREPC > Corporate Information|
MREPC Corporate Information
The Malaysian Rubber Export Promotion Council (MREPC) was incorporated on 14 April 2000 under the Companies Act 1965 as a company limited by guarantee to undertake the market promotion of quality Malaysian rubber and rubber products in world markets, particularly in support of the small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
MREPC is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities.
MREPC USA was set up in Washington DC in February 2001 as a centre of information on quality Malaysian rubber and rubber products for the American public and end-users and to deal with American concerns in respect of latex products, particularly latex gloves, through the dissemination of balanced and accurate information.
MREPC China was set up in September 2011 in Shanghai and Guangzhau in April 2016 to facilitate exports of quality Malaysian rubber and rubber products into China. In this role, the China office provides assistance to Malaysian companies seeking to grow their business in China.
MREPC India was set up in Mumbai in May 2016 to further facilitate the exports quality Malaysian rubber and rubber products and other assistance for Malaysia companies growing businesses into India.
- Integrity - Being honorable and following ethical principles
- Adaptability - Being flexible and changing in response to new circumstances
- Aggressiveness - Vigorously pursuing goals
- Creativity - Developing new ideas and applying innovative approaches
- Co-operation - Being cooperative and working well with others
- Initiative - Seizing opportunity and taking responsibility without hesitation